Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day


Yesterday I made a pledge--a faint and timid one, but a pledge nonetheless--to make some sort of Start on my 3-month adventure.

And I did.








For 10 minutes--yessirree, ten whole minutes--I worked in my Kiwi Room, starting with the wall to the right.

Then I headed off to help teach a dance class.





Came home hours later, sweaty and tired. All I was gonna do was shower, relax, and go to bed.




Or so I thought. My sweet little body--motivated no doubt by that strong and persistent butterfly inside who'd waited farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too long to see daylight--walked itself into the Kiwi Room and worked another 30 minutes.




The miracle to me is that I actually WANTED to be doing what I was doing. It felt like a gift to myself. Something I GOT to do, instead of HAD to do.












I'm on a roll, world . . .

3 comments:

  1. Keep on rollin'! Love that you came back and worked even when you were tired. It's that kind of determination that will help this be a lifestyle change and not just a temporary push. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really surprised me to work when I was tired. I didn't consciously decide to push ahead--it was more like something inside me overrode the tired part of me, and really WANTED to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! I love all the vibrant colors lying around that room. And the kiwi color is lovely, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete