Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday's progress

Yes, I got blown off course this morning, but I refuse to let that take away my joy in yesterday's work.

My stated goal for this 3-month project was to sort through all boxes/shelves, etc. But along the way, other things call out to me. Like my bedroom. I thought I was gonna work on the boxes in that room's closet (that's what I did this morning when I stepped on the Bomb.)



But I took a look at my bedroom,


















and oh . . . my . .





.







it asked me to help it.








So I did.










A wonderfully healthy plant succumbed to this bitter winter, since it lived right under the window that I had open at night. Oh. I just realized why it didn't die during LAST year's very cold winter. I didn't sleep in this room. Duh. :) I only just moved back into this room, and evidently froze my poor plant to death.

Or nearly.














When I was cleaning out the planter, I saw this brave little twiglet. It asked me to give it another chance to grow, only could I please put it somewhere warmer? It is now in the sun by my beloved front window.











After a couple of hours, my room was vacuumed,
















rearranged,














and full of fresh perspectives.




Yay me. Oh yeah: clean sheets on the bed!!











But the fallout in the hallway still remains to be tidied. Oh well. As they say, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment