Friday, March 11, 2011

One more box

Had a great idea recently: use the fresh, just awakened energy right after I get out of bed, to tackle a chunk of the ButterFly project. For the longest time, "first thing in the morning" was my special prayer and study time. But my life is developing in such a way that I'm praying all through the day. And with several study projects, I'm also reading throughout the day.

So it is working very well to leap into some ButterFly work right after waking (on those days when I don't have to be somewhere early on.) I'm also finding that the chunk of ButterFly work that seemed quite daunting the night before, is not quite so intimidating in morning light.

A laundry basket was almost heavier than I could lift. I sensed it was full of stuff that would rouse response in me, versus a box full of old newspapers. And it was.

More than an hour later, the basket is empty, the trashcan is full, and yet the bed and floor are still covered with stuff to save, now sorted.








I was hungry and tired (more mentally than physically), but I pushed through and delivered all the dozen or so piles to their designated places. The Sunshine Room is now ready for the next wave of sorting.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! You just keep on going like the Energizer Butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete